Saturday is World Card Making Day, it began in 2006 by the Paper Crafts Magazine to kick of the busiest time of the year for cardmakers. Since we can't all get together on Saturday to stamp, I thought it would be great fun for everyone to stamp a card Saturday and share it on the new Facebook Group I created for my stamping friends. The group will also be a place were we can share all year long, you can ask stamping questions and we can connect.
Or Email me your email address and I will send you an invite.
Stampin' Up! is offering some great discounts to celebrate World Card Making day...
- Color families and Whisper White cardstock in the 8-1/2 X 11 will be available at a 15% discount
- Medium envelopes will be 15% will be available at a 15% discount
- Fast Fuse Adhesive and refill component will be offered at a 15% discount
- All individual ink pads will be offered at a 15% discount
- Limited offering in stamps will be available at a 20% discount
I will be celebrating with my local stampers on Thursday at our Monthly Card Class here is one of the cards we will be making...
I cased this great card from Demonstrator friend Susan Campfield. The base is 4 1/4" x 9 1/4" and then scored at 3 3/4". I then ran a piece of Whisper White card stock 3 1/2" x 4" through the big shot using the Fancy Fan embossing folder and attached it to the card front. Then I tied the ribbon around the center of the card front with the tie towards the right side.
Then I stamped the Star in Lost Lagoon and cut it out with the coordinating Star Framilit. I punched out a small star and adhered to the center of the star with a glue dot and then attached it to the front of the card with dimensionals. Then I stamped the sentiment in Lost Lagoon.