Memorial day is more than a day to welcome summer, it is a time to be thankful, reflect and honor those that served our country and freedoms. My father served in Korea, he told me once that it was a short period of time, but impacted his entire life.
I was fortunate to have a wonderful, loving father who help shape the person I am today. Integrity, honesty and compassion where all things that were part of who my father was and we learned more by example than by words.
There are hundreds of ways for you to honor those who have served here are just 5 simple ways…
- Take part in a moment at 3PM to remember those who have served and also to those who are serving!
- Buy a Poppy, flowers that represents the memories and emotions of war is the red poppy. We always bought Poppies on the street from VFW memebers. I did not know that they were assembled by disabled and needy veterans in VA hospitals, since 1924.
- If you have had someone who has served and is willing to share, take some notes and record this for your family history.
- If you see a solider out to eat and in uniform, tell the server you would like to pick up his/her tab.
- While Memorial Day was originally a time to remember fallen solders it has also become a time to remember family that has passed. Place flowers at the gravesides and a flag by those that have served.
Today's hand stamped card is in honor of those who have served and their families!
The sentiment comes from one of the exclusive hostess stamp sets "Let Your Hair Down"… it will be featured in the 2014-2015 Annual Stampin' Up! catalog that is released June 2 at Noon!
It has 5 fun graphic text images for you, They're bold and beautiful and they've got a lot to say!
Steps to Stamp the Card!
- The Real Red I ran through he Big Shot with the Project Life 3" x 4" Framelit and then again with the Chevron Textured Embossing Folder.
- I then stamped the sentiment in Real Red on Whisper White (1 1/8" x 4")
- I then stamped it again using Night of Navy on another 1 " x 4" and cut the words Thank You out and layered on the Real Red Sentiment.
- The stars are punched out with a retired Star Punch in Champagne Glimmer Paper and 2 adhered with Dimensionals and 1 with a glue dot.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day!