It's Border Buddy Saturday and it's Alison here this week with our third week in our 12 Weeks of Christmas series. We hope you've been enjoying this new series of posts.
This card features that absolutely gorgeous stamp set called Father Christmas. I have some wonderful demonstrator friends who I swap with each month and this card literally took my breath away when I opened it. My friend (and team member) Melva Peters made this beauty!
Check out the detail on Santa's sack. Melva even wrapped some gold Bakers's Twine from the Holiday Catalogue Trio Pack around the top of the sack and added some of the Mini Jingles Bells. The bells have 60 in a package, 30 each of silver and red.
When you open the card you see that Father Christmas has been stamped, coloured and cut out and popped up inside so he peeks through the scallop oval opening on the front of the card.
- Score Real Red cardstock (8 ½” x 5 ½” piece) at 4 ¼” and fold in half to make card base.
- Stamp the Crumb Cake card stock (4" x 5 1/4")with the greeting and border in Versamark.
- Sprinkle with Real Red Glitter emboss powder and heat to set. (Hint: you can tell when the powder is set as it will start to twinkle and turn to a lighter pinky colour).
- Sponge the edges with Crumb Cake ink and distress the edge using a pair of scissors or distressing tool.
- Adhere Crumb Cake piece to the Real Red card base.
- Under the sentiment and above the bottom border, cut out a scalloped oval using the 3 ¼” opening scalloped oval framelit – cut through both pieces of cardstock.
- Stamp the Father Christmas and bag images on Whisper White card stock (4" x 5 1/4"). Colour using markers.
- Colour over the trim on Father Christmas’s coat and his beard with Clear Wink of Stella.
- Colour over the bag using Gold Wink of Stella.
- Sponge the edges of Father Christmas and the bag using Crumb Cake ink.
- Tie the gold Baker’s twice around the bag twice, tying on a silver and red mini jingle bell. You may need to adhere the bells to the card using Glue Dots.
- Adhere the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper (4" x 5 1/4") to the inside of the card stock.
- Adhere Father Christmas inside the card using Snail Adhesive
- Adhere the bag to the outside of the card using Dimensionals.
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code J92723XE
Leave a Reply