It's Border Buddy Saturday and it's Alison here today with some ideas using the Large Letter Framelits Dies and your Big Shot. Eclipse cards seem to be everywhere these days and they are simple to make when you have the Large Letter Framelits Dies for the words.
This card uses the dies to create the word "Noel" These cards are not hard to make and they are so effective with the raised sentiment. I've found that on an A2 card (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half) you can get up to 4 letters. So for Christmas themed you could use "Joy" "Hope" "Noel" and if you had a snowman card "BRR" or "Snow". How about using a stamp for Happy Birthday to and then "YOU" cut out with the letters.
Start by stamping your card with images and then layer your word on top and cut out. Pop up the letter with Stampin' Dimensionals to "raise" them on the card so they pop out!
I used Good Tidings Stamp Set to create the background. It's so easy when you have a Two-Step set which means that you have two (or more) stamp images that you layer on top of each other to create a detailed final image in different colours or hues.
Here's how I created today's card:Fold Old Olive cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2") in half to form card base.
- Glue Cherry Cobbler cardstock (5 1/4" x 4") to card front.
- On Whisper White cardstock (5" x 3 3/4") stamp the Good Tidings images.
- Ink the solid ivy image in Old Olive ink and stamp off once on scrap paper.
- Without re-inking stamp on Whisper White piece.
- Repeat stamping the image until you have filled the WW piece.
- Ink the more detailed ivy image in Old Olive ink and stamp on top of the first image. Repeat on the other ivy images.
- Ink up the solid berry image in Cherry Cobbler ink and stamp off once on scrap paper.
- Without re-inking stamp in the middle of the ivy. Repeat for all the ivy.
- Ink the more detailed berry image in Cherry Cobbler and stamp on top of the first berries. Repeat for all remaining berries.
- Fill in the white areas with the smaller ivy – ink the bold image in Old Olive ink and stamp off once; ink the detailed one in Old Olive ink and stamp full strength on top.
- Lay the letters to spell "NOEL" on the stamped piece and cut out with Big Shot. Keep all the pieces including the middle of the "O".
- Glue the stamped Whisper White stamped piece to the Cherry Cobbler.
- Add Stampin' Dimensionals or Foam Adhesive to the back of each letter and pop up in the space left when you cut them out.
- Glue the middle of the "O" back on the card. Don't pop it up.
- Add Wink of Stella to the berries.
Here's another card using the same technique using the High Tide stamp set and the word "HOPE".
These cards are so fun and easy to make – what "word" and stamp set will you use to create your Eclipse card? Leave us a comment and be entered in our monthly draw for our Just in Case cards.
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code U6J2FMQD/span>