The third Tuesday of the month is our Color Without Border Series. My border buddy Alison Solven and I each create a card using a particular color palette.
For my card, I chose to use the Petal Palette & Watercolor Wings stamp sets.
Simple Steps and Measurements
- Folded a piece of Whisper White cardstock 4-1/4" x 11" in half to create the card base.
- Stamped the rose floral stamp from the Petite Palette stamp set in Dapper Denim ink on a piece of Dapper Denim cardstock (4" x 5-1/4") and adhere to the card front.
- Stamp large & small solid butterfly stamps (#1 shown in the image below) from the Watercolor Wings stamp set in Wisteria Wonder ink on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Then stamp the outline of the wings (#2) on top of the solid stamped images in Elegant Eggplant ink.
- Then the middle of the butterfly (#3) in Island Indigo ink on top.
- Then the smallest center (#4) in Dapper Denim ink.
- Cut out the Butterflies with coordinating framelits and Big Shot (the large one is from the Bold Butterfly Framelits, and the small is the Butterfly Thinlits dies).
- Adhere the small butterfly with dimensionals as if it would fly off the in the upper right-hand corner.
- Adhere the large butterfly just below the small one.
- Stamp You are so kind in Eggplant Envy ink a piece of 1/2" x 2-3/3 and punch the right end with the Triple Banner Punch and then stamp the dots in Wisteria Wonder over the top and adhere to the card front about 1/2" from the bottom.
Click on the colors below to see all the fun Stampin' Up! products that come in these colors.
I hope you are enjoying the Color Without Borders Series. You will want to hop over to Alison's blog and see what she created.
All paper crafting supplies used for today's project are Stampin' Up!
You can purchase them at My Online Store!
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Barb Youngs says
Beautiful color combination. I’m not sure I would have thought to put those colors together; but they look awesome. Love the card! The butterflies are so realistic with those colors. Thanks for sharing your time, talents, and inspiration with us.
Patsy Waggoner says
Thanks so much Barb. I love color palettes to take me out on my comfort zone with colors.
Sent from my iPhone
This is just beautiful, Patsy. I love this color combo. The way you stamped the flower image is so subtle but perfect for the butterflies. Lovely card!
Patsy Waggoner says
Typepad HTML Email
Thank you Laurie appreciate your kind words