Do you think Fall got its name because the leaves start to fall from the trees?
When I was smaller I thought the trees lost their leaves because of the cold winter. I was surprised when I found out trees in the south lost their leaves too. I must have missed that fact in science about deciduous trees.
With fall just a few days away I thought I would create a beautiful array of falling leaves using the Colorful Season Stamp Set and Seasonal Layers Thinlits Dies.
My goal is to always try and use all the colors in the Color Without Borders palette each month. Some months that is a huge challenge but it was pretty easy this week.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold the Very Vanilla Cardstock (4 1/4" x 11" for top fold or 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" for side fold) in half to create card base.
- Color the small leaf randomly using Stampin' Write Markers (Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Granny Apple Green) and stamp them randomly diagonally from the upper left-hand side to the lower right-hand side of a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock (3 3/4" x 5").
- Adhere the Very Vanilla Cardstock to a piece of Cajun Craze (4" x 5 1/4").
- Adhere the Cajun Craze cardstock to the card front with dimensionals.
- Cut out a large solid leaf using the Big Shot & Colorful Layers Thinlits dies in Pineapple Punch, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze cardstock and adhere to the card in the same falling fashion as the stamped leaves.
- Cut out the skeleton leaf in each of the colors using the Big Shot and layer on top of the solid leaves.
- Stamp the words in Mossy Meadow on a piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock (1/2" x 2 1/2").
- Banner cut the end using the Tailored Tag Punch (as shown in image A).
- Adhere the banner to the card front with dimensionals about 1 1/4" from the bottom and at the edge of the Cajun Craze cardstock.
- Stamp a sentiment inside in Mossy Meadow.
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
Color Without Borders:
Every third Wednesday of the month Alison and I share a card using a color palette we've chosen and post them on our blogs as part of our Color Without Borders Series.
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code ZZQWYDM3