Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I share a card on our blogs that we have CASEd from the catalog. CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs to inspire you!
Today's card features coloring with the Stampin' Blends. These high-quality, alcohol-based, dual-tip markers come in exclusive Stampin’ Up! colors. Each color is available in a light shade and a dark shade to give you the best blending experience out there. You can purchase them in combo packages or individually.
The stamp set I used today is the Humming Along found on page 36 of the 2019 Occasions Catalog.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. You can see today's CASE is almost exactly the same except for the background. The concept artist at Stampin' Up! used the embossing past and I used a framelit to give the background design.
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (4 1/4" x 11") in half to create card base.
- Place the solid looking die from the Stitched Labels Framelits and place it toward the top center of a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock and run it through the Big Shot. (this die makes a cut design and doesn't actually cut anything out).
- Adhere the piece to the card front with dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Tuxedo Black Ink on the right-hand side of a 1" x 3 1/2" piece of Pool Party.
- Tie some of the Old Olive Linen thread around the left-hand side wrapping it several times.
- Adhere to the pool party piece to the card front about 1" from the bottom with dimensionals.
- Stamp the hummingbird in Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and color with the Stampin' Blends.
- Cut the hummingbird out with the coordinating die from the Hummingbird Framelits Dies and adhere to the left-hand side of the card with the tail hanging over the pool party.
- Randomly add three self-adhesive sequins to the card front (two below the pool party and one above)
Be sure to hop over to Alison's blog and check out her Just in CASEcard today.
I hope you found some inspiration here today, Want More?
- Sign up for my monthly E-Newsletter and receive a FREE tutorial with each one.
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards To DieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
- I love connecting with you! Click Here for questions or comments!
Need Stamps? If you are in the USA, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
SUPPLIES USED FOR TODAY'S CARD
click on any picture to start shopping.
Current Host Code EGZ3AQRK