Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I share a card on our blogs that we have CASEd from the catalog. CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs to inspire you!
Today's card features Butterfly Duet Punch and Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper. These two items make a perfect pair and just LOVE the black and white butterflies that are one of the designs.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I changed the color the stamp set using just the layout for my card.
- Fold a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") in half to create the card base.
- Glue at a slant a piece of the Magnolia Lane Designer Paper (3 3/4" x 5").
- Glue another piece of Magnolia Land Designer Paper (3 1/2" x 4 3/4") at a slant the opposite direction.
- Stamp Birthday Wishes in Versa Mark ink on a piece of Mossy Meadow Cardstock and emboss with White Embossing Powder.
- Glue to the card front about 1" from the bottom.
- Wrap the Mossy Meadow Linen thread around the card front and tie in a large bow on the left-hand side.
- Cut out one of the large three petals dies (from the Magnolia Memory Dies) in Petal Pink Cardstock.
- Cut out two fo the smaller three petal dies in Petal Pink Cardstock.
- Sponge the edges of the flowers with Petal Pink Ink and layer with the large on the bottom.
- Cut out two flower centers with So Saffron Cardstock and the die and layer on top of the flower with glue dots.
- Glue the flower on top of the bow.
Hop over to Alison's blog and check out her Just in CASE card.
I hope you found some inspiration here today!
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards ToDieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
If you are in the USA, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
SUPPLIES USED FOR TODAY'S CARD
click on any picture to start shopping.
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Barb Youngs says
I like your “case”d card so much better than the original! Maybe it’s because I prefer to keep my cards simple. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us. Really appreciate having the step by step instructions.
Patsy Waggoner says
Typepad HTML Email
Thank You Barb, I think it might be the colors too for some reason the one in the catalog color palette didnt excite me. I appreciate your comments and encouragement thanks a bunch.