Each Sunday, I create a card using one of my card sketches. This week's sketch is number SS036. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Today's card I paired the Lilypad Lake stamp set with the Smooth Sailing Dies. Many of the Stampin' Up! stamp sets have coordinating dies, but it doesn't mean you can't use them in lots of different stamp sets. Dies help you create unique die cuts with just a quick run through your die-cutting and embossing machine.
Cards for men are always a challenge but I can see many options with these tools for creating great masculine cards.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (5 ½” x 8 ½”) in half to create the card base.
- Glue a piece of designer paper (2 1/2" x 5 1/4") to a piece of Night Of Navy cardstock (2 3/4" x 5 1/4").
- Glue a piece of White Flax Ribbon (5 1/4") to the seam of the designer paper and Night of Navy Cardstock.
- Glue the Night of Navy to the card front.
- Cut out a circle in Whisper White cardstock using the 2 1/8" circle die from the Layering Circles Dies.
- Stamp the water in Balmy Blue ink, the sailboats in Night of Navy ink and the sun in Crushed Curry ink on the Whisper White circle.
- Cut out a piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock using the 2 1/4" Scalloped Circle from the Layering Circle Dies.
- Adhere the Crushed Curry to the card front towards the right-hand side over the White Flax Ribbon.
- Cut out the boat wheel die from the Smooth Sailing die out of Soft Suede cardstock and adhere under the upper left-hand side of the scallop circle.
- Cut out the banner tag in Crushed Curry using the die from the Smooth Sailing Die.
- Stamp the words from Itty Bitty Greetings in Night of Navy ink on tag.
- Adhere the tag to the lower part of the circle with dimensionals.
I hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
- Sign up for my monthly E-Newsletter and receive a FREE tutorial monthly.
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards To DieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code ZZQWYDM3