Each Sunday, I create a card using one of my card sketches. This week's sketch is number SS039. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
For today's card, I choose the Abstract Impressions stamp set. It had been on my wishlist for some time, I just LOVE the nostalgic look of this stamp set. I have always loved three step stamping as it always gives great color and depth to every card.
I love that all the red rubber stamps now come in Cling, you get that great rubber stamped image and no more trying to keep those stamps on the block. In fact, you have to be a bit careful when you remove them as they are super stuck!
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the piece of Petal Pink Cardstock in half to create the card base.
- Glue the DSP to the left-hand side of the card about 1/8" from the edge.
- Tie the ribbon around the card front about 2" from the bottom with the knotted bow to the left-hand side.
- Stamp the more solid large flower in Petal Pink Ink three times in the lower left-hand corner of the Whisper White Cardstock (3" x 3 1/2").
- Stamp the 2nd flower layer in Blushing Bride Ink on top of the Petal Pink stamped images.
- Stamp the final flower layer in Terracotta Tile ink on top of the Blushing Bride images.
- Stamp the leaves in Mint Macaron Ink randomly around the flowers.
- Adhere the Whisper White cardstock to the lower right-hand corner of the cardfront with dimensionals. (about 1/4" from the right-hand side and 3/4" from the bottom).
- Stamp the words in early Espresso Ink and cut out with a 1 3/8" circle from the Layering Circles Dies.
- Cut out the scallop circle that is just a bit bigger than the circle in Mint Macaron cardstock.
- Adhere the Whisper White Circle to the Mint Macaron Scallop and adhere to the upper right-hand corner of the Whisper White overhanging the top with a dimensional.
CLICK HERE for all 52 card sketches
Don't forget about this month's Bonus Days!
For every $50 you spend in July (before tax and shipping) you will get a bonus $5 coupon from Stampin' Up! you can use from August 1- 31. There is no limit to how many coupons you can earn so shop all month! READ MORE…
My BOGO Grab Bags ends Tomorrow July 15, 2019
For every $100 you spend (before shipping and tax) at my Online Store use the current host code W7QBW7V6 you will earn $100 in FREE Stampin' Up! Retired Product (BOGO Grab Bag) READ MORE…
If you’ve been thinking about becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator now is the time to turn that thought into action. Here’s how you can get lots of extra value by signing up today! READ MORE…
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
I hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
- Sign up for my monthly E-Newsletter and receive a FREE tutorial monthly.
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards To DieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
To earn Bonus Rewards use the Host Code
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current CODE
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Janet Galllion says
Really like the combo of colors. I too, love this set. I’ve had it in my stamp room for over a year, just starting to enjoy and use it. Thanks for the inspiration!