Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I share a card on our blogs that we have CASEd from the catalog. CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs to inspire you!
Today's card features Butterfly Gala stamp set and the Butterfly Duet Punch. The background patterned paper is from the Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper. The base of the card is Sahara Sand, which is a great neutral color when you want something besides white or vanilla.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Since I don't have ever set in the catalog sometimes I have to improvise. Today I used the Butterfly Gala since I don't have the Butterfly Wishes stamp set. You can see by changing a few elements it gives the card a different look.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold a piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2") in half to create the card base.
- Stamp butterflies randomly on the right-hand side of a piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") with Sahara Sand ink.
- Tear of the right-hand side of the paper to give it a tattered edge.
- Using the 2nd to the larges Stitched Nested Labels dies, cut out a piece of the Sahara Sand cardstock about 1/2" from the bottom edge (as shown in image).
- Using the same die cut out a piece of the designer paper and fit it like a puzzle in the cut out of the Sahara Sand piece and trim an overhanging designer paper.
- Adhere these two pieces to the front of the card front.
- Stamp two of the flower centers from the Colorful Seasons stamp set on Whisper White and cut out with the flower die.
- Adhere the flowers to the designer paper.
- Cut out the 2nd to the smallest Stitched Nested Label dies with Old Olive Cardstock.
- Wrap the ribbon back and forth and adhere to the back of the Old Olive Label.
- Attach the label to the card front (as shown in the image) with dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Versamark Ink on the strip of Whisper White cardstock (3/8" x 3 1/2") and emboss with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Cut an angle on the right-hand side of the strip and adhere to the Old Olive label with snail or glue dots.
- Stamp the Butterfly in Bermuda Bay Ink on Whisper White cardstock and punch out with the Butterfly Duet Punch and adhere to the Old Olive Label with dimensionals.
Hop over to Alison's blog and check out her Just in CASE card.
I hope you found some inspiration here today!
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards ToDieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
If you are in the USA, I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
SUPPLIES USED FOR TODAY'S CARD
Click on any picture to start shopping.
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code ZZQWYDM3