Each Sunday, I create a card using one of my card sketches. This week's sketch is number SS045. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Today's card features the Band Together stamp set along with the coordinating Detailed Bands Dies. The gorgeous paper is from the Pressed Petals Specialty Paper which really does have to be seen in person to be appreciated.
When I saw this stamp set I knew I wanted it but I keep telling myself I have enough flowers. Really? Can you have too many? I think not! So you can see I bought it along with the unique Detailed Bands, but buying the stamp set and coordinating dies you save 10% when you bundle.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold the piece of So Saffron cardstock in half to create the card base.
- Glue the Pressed Petal paper 2” x 5 ¼” to the card front 1/8” from the bottom and sides.
- Glue the remaining piece of Pressed Petal paper to the Night of Navy mat 2 ¾” x 3 ¾”.
- Cut out the Night of Navy cardstock strip using the long strip from the Detailed Dies with the filigree placed in the center of the strip.
- Adhere the strip to the right-hand side of the card front ¼” from the top of the designer paper
(It won’t’ reach across the card front but will be covered up in the next step).
- Glue the Night of Navy mat to the card front about ¼” from the top and left-hand side.
- Stamp the words in Night of Navy just above the Pressed Petal Paper.
- Stamp the flower in Crushed Curry Ink on the Fluid 100 Watercolor paper and color the flower and center with the So Saffron, color parts of the flower center with the Crumb Cake.
- Stamp the leaves in Old Olive ink and color with the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends.
- Cut out the flower & leaves out with the coordinating die from the Detailed Band Dies.
- Adhere the flowers and leaves to the card front with dimensionals (as shown in the photo).
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
I hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
- Sign up for my monthly E-Newsletter and receive a FREE tutorial monthly.
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards To DieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Current Host Code FK7UXRDB