Masculine cards can sometimes be a challenge and maybe because I tend to buy lots of stamp sets full of flowers. When I saw the "A Good Man" stamp set I knew it had to be a part of my collection.
The image in this card could be my sweet husband Tom. He carried our kids and now our grandkids around like this. Liam turned 4 last week and he still likes to ride on Grandpa's shoulders.
CASE = Copy And Selectively Edit
Today's card was CASED from page 18 of the 2019 Holiday Catalog. When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I changed everything except the layout of the card. This gives the card an entirely new look.
The catalog is full of great ideas. When I first started stamping I copied cards exactly like they were. I wasn't very creative but CASEing helped me to become more creative and confident to stamp my own cards. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Simple Stamping Steps
- Stamp Sets – A Good Man (149270)
- Card Stock – Cajun Craze (119684); Mint Macaron (138337); Whisper White (100730); Come To Gather Designer Series Paper (150454)
- Stamp Pads – Memento Tuxedo Black (132708); Versamark (102283)
- Misc. – Stampin' Blends Combo Packs So Saffron (149557); Pretty Peacock (149560); Cajun Craze (147931); Soft Suede (147273); Stampin’ Blend Ivory (144606); Copper Trim (144179); Stampin’ Emboss Powder (109132); Stitched Shapes Dies (145372); Stitched Nested Labels (149638); Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder (149643); Snail Adhesive (104332); Stampin' Dimensionals (104430); Heat Tool (129053)
- Cajun Craze (4 ¼” x 11” scored at 5 ½” & 4” x 5 ¼”)
- Whisper White (4” x 5 ¼” & 3” x 3”)
- Mint Macaron (3/8” x 1 ½”)
- Come To Gather Designer Series Paper (3” x 5 ½” & 1” x 3”)
- Fold the 4 ¼” x 11” Cajun Craze in half to create the card base.
- Emboss the 4” x 5 ¼” Cajun Craze with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder and adhere to the card front.
- Cut out the 3” x 5 ½” designer paper using the Stitched Nested Label Die (2 5/8” x 4 7/8”) and adhere to the center of the card front.
- Adhere the designer paper strip to the left-hand edge of the card front and about 1 ½” from the bottom.
- Tie a large bow using the Copper Trim and adhere to the center of the designer paper strip.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
I hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
- Sign up for my monthly E-Newsletter and receive a FREE tutorial monthly.
- Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with my Rewards To DieFor.
- Have it all with the $99 Starter Kit check it out here.
I would be delighted to have you order from My Online Store.
Hop on over to my Border Buddy Alison's Blog and check out what she has been up to this week!
Current Host Code FK7UXRDB