It's Just in Case Thursday – the day where Patsy Waggoner (my Border Buddy) and I share a card we've CASED (copy and selectively edit) from one of our current publications. Sometimes we change the stamp set and/or colours. Today's card uses the Witty-cisms Stamp Set from page 37 of the January – June 2020 Mini Catalogue.
I based my card a card created by the concept artists at Stampin' Up! I changed the colours because I wanted my version to be bright and cheery. I think the patterned paper looks like a picnic tablecloth and reminds us all of summer. Here is the original card.
I changed the colours to Call Me Clover and Real Red. I also used Stampin' Blends to colour my berry instead of a watercolour wash technique in the original. Here's how you can make our card today.
- Call Me Clover – 11" x 4 1/4"
- Whisper White – 3" x 3"
- Brights 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper – 5" x 3"
- Fold Call Me Clover cardstock in half to form card front.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper (DSP) to the left side of the card front.
- Fold a piece of Whisper White Flax Ribbon in thirds and tape to the lower part of the DSP.
- Fold a piece of Call Me Clover Grosgrain Ribbon in thirds and tape on top of the Flax Ribbon.
- Stamp the image in Tuxedo Black ink on the Whisper White. Punch out using the Label Me Lovely Punch.
- Colour the strawberry with Real Red Combo Stampin' Blends and the stem with Old Olive Stampin' Blends.
- Add Wink of Stella to the strawberry.
- Pop up the label with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add rhinestones to finish your card.
Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with our Customer Rewards Program.
In the USA order Patsy Waggoner's Online Store.
In Canada order from Alison Solven's Online Store
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code ZZQWYDM3