Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog to inspire you!
Today's card features the Butterfly Beauty Die. This set of dies will give you dozens of awe-inspiring butterflies. The stamped images came from the Beauty Abounds Cling Stamp Set. This stamp set and dies are carried over into the new catalog.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today is a close case with simply changing the stamp set and colors keeping the exact layout.
Simple Stamping Steps and Measurements
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock  (top fold 4 1/4" x 11" or side fold 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"), (2" x 5")
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock  (3" x 4")
- Mango Melody Cardstock  (3/4" x 2 3/8")
- Fold the Whisper White Cardstock 4 1/4" x 11" in half to create card base.
- (tag) Stamp the Whisper White Cardstock 2" x 5" with the dots stamp using Bermuda Bay Classic Ink.
- Punch the end of the Whisper White tag using the Scalloped Tag Punch.
- Emboss the tag using the Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the tag to the center top of the card with the scallop to the bottom.
- Cut out the butterfly using Bermuda Bay Cardstock the Butterfly Beauty Dies.
- Adhere the butterfly to the center of the card front.
- Stamp the words in Versamark Ink on the Mango Melody Cardstock and pour the White Stampin' Embossing Powder over the top.
- Tap off excess powder and heat set with the Heat Tool until glossy.
- Adhere the tag to the center of the butterfly with Stampin' Dimensionals.
All Supplies used today are Stampin’ Up!® products.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E- Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Free PDF Tutorial and Card Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Free PDF Tutorial & Card Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store(Canadian customers)
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Barb Youngs says
Patsy, I love your card so much more than the one in the catty. Glad to hear that the stamp set is carrying over. Thank you for the simple steps and measurements.