Today is Just in Case Thursday and it's Alison here this week.
Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edt). Sometimes we change the stamps or colours or both to create our own version and show you how you can look through our beautiful catalogues for ideas for your own projects.
Today's card features a brand new bundle from the upcoming 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue which launches June 3rd. I love sunflowers so the Celebrate Sunflowers and coordinating Sunflower Dies were my pick from the preorder we could place this month as demonstrators. When you purchase the dies and stamps together in the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle you save 10%. When you receive your catalogue in the mail flip to page 13 to see all the fabulous products in the Flowers for Every Season Suite.
For today's card I CASED a layout featuring the Timeless Tropical Bundle from page 6 of the January – June 2020 Mini Catalogue. I changed up the stamps, dies and colours for my version.
Simple Stamping Steps and Measurements
- Bumblebee * (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored and folded at 4 1/4")
- Whisper White Cardstock  (8 1/2" x 5 1/2")
- Early Espresso Cardstock  (5 1/4" x 4")(3 1/4" x 1/2")
- Vellum Cardstock  (scrap)
- Old Olive  (scrap)
- Flowers for Every Seasons 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper * (5 1/8" x 3 7/8")
- Fold the Bumblebee Cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the Early Espresso (5 1/4" x 4") cardstock and glue both to the front of the card.
- Stamp the large sunflower, small sunflower and 3 leaves in Early Espresso ink on the Whisper White cardstock.
- Colour the flowers with Stampin' Blends (Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, So Saffron, Crumb Cake) and leaves (Old Olive).
- Cut out the flowers and leaves with coordinating dies.
- Cut out the leave dies from the scraps of Old Olive and Vellum cardstock. Glue the pieces to the DSP layer.
- Glue the die cut and coloured leaves on top of the die cut leaves.
- Pop up the large sunflower with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card (as shown) and pop up the small sunflower on top of the large one.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark ink on the Early Espresso strip (1/2" x 3 1/4"), add White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Pop up the sentiment on the card.
* NEW products coming in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue (June 3rd). All Supplies used today are Stampin’ Up!® products.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Free PDF Tutorial and Card Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Free PDF Tutorial & Card Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 67S27F6C/span>