Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Now more than ever Birthday Cards are important. With the inability to gather for birthdays, sending a card is one way to make a difference and touch the ones you love.
Today’s card features the Bonanza Buddies Stamp Set & Coordinating Bonanza Dies. This stamp set and dies are retiring the end of May. Retiring stamp sets will have guaranteed availability until May 22, 2020; all other products are not guaranteed and are only available while supplies last. So don’t wait too long if the coordinating dies are on your wish list.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout as I did today or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
Today’s Stampin’ Up! color palette is…
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Fold a piece of Mango Melody Cardstock in half to create card base. (topfold 4 1/4″ x 11″ or side fold 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″).
- Glue the 3 x 5 1/4″ Birthday Bonanza Designer Series Paper to the right-hand side of the card front.
- Cut out of Whisper White Cardstock a 2 5/8″ x 2 5/8″ stitched rectangle using the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Stamp the words in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on the bottom of the stitched square.
- Stamp the lion body in Daffodil Delight Classic Ink on the square.
- Stamp the lion face in Daffodil Delight Classic Ink on a scrap of Whisper White and cut out with coordinating die.
- Stamp the mane in Mango Melody Classic Ink on a scrape and cut out with the coordinating die.
- Adhere the main to the top of the lion with dimensionals.
- Glue the head of the lion in the center of the mane.
- Tie the Daffodil Delight 1/4″ ribbon around the card front about 1 1/2″ from the bottom.
- Adhere one of the gold Candle Embellishments to the lion’s hand.
- Stamp your greeting inside in Tuxedo Black Ink.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today’s card.
I hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE Cards and PDF Tutorials with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Free PDF Tutorial and Card Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Free PDF Tutorial & Card Program (Canadian Customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code ZZQWYDM3