I have always loved the way skeleton leaves look. Years ago I had a necklace where the skeleton leaf had been dipped in gold it was so stunning and added the perfect touch to any outfit. I am not sure where that leaf is now. Ever have something you love and years later wonder what you did with it? The name skeleton implies scary but I don't think there is any thing spooky about them.
Today's card features the skeleton leaves from the Rooted in Nature stamp set. This stamp set has so many great nature elements to create some wonderful hand stamped projects. Many have a difficult time creating masculine cards and this stamp set will make that task easier.
The layout for the card comes for this weeks Sunday Card Sketch. Each Sunday Alison or I share a care created using one of our card sketches. You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal as I did today. Let your imagination run wild!
Simple Stampin Steps & Measurements
- Pretty Peacock – 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (score at 4 1/4")
- Whisper White – 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
- Bumblebee – 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper – 2" x 5 1/2"
- Fold the Pretty Peacock in half to create card base.
- Glue the designer paper to the bottom of the card front.
- Stamp the skeleton leaf in Pretty Peacock ink in the center of the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Stamp the leaf again to the right of the Pretty Peacock leaf in Cajun Craze.
- Stamp the leaf again to the left of the Pretty Peacock in Bumblebee ink.
- Adhere the Whisper White to the center of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Cajun Craze ink on the Bumblebee cardstock.
- Cut out the Bumblebee cardstock using the Tasteful Label Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the circle to the lower right-hand edge of the Whisper White with Stampin' Dimensionals.
All of the products that I use are from Stampin' Up! They are available for purchase, through me.
I love this funky edge on the Bumblebee created from the Tasteful Labels Dies.
Did you know you can make skeleton leaves for your own crafting project.
Sketches help to get my creativity going and I hope they inspire you. Click Here for more post featuring card sketches.
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code RZVNS4XV/span>
Beautiful card! Love the papers and ink colors. The colors of the leaves coordinate beautifully with the plaid paper. Awesome masculine card. Thank you for sharing your time and creative inspiration with us.
Patsy Waggoner says
Typepad HTML Email
Thank You Barb, that is what I love about Stampin Up! is all the coordination of colors. Have a great day