This past week has been filled with snowy days and cold temps with several highs only in the 30’s. The sunflowers are almost all harvested. Are you fortunate to live near sunflower fields? I love how the heads of the flowers turn with the sun. I think today’s card might turn a few heads too!
Thursday is our CASE day, Alison Solven and I take turns creating a card we CASE from one of the current Stampin’ Up! Catalogs. This week is my turn to case. I cased a card from page 13 of the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.
You can see that it is an exact case except for the colors. I choose to do nontraditional colors.
Sample from the catalog colors on the left – my replacement colors on the right.
- Balmy Blue – Misty Moonlight
- Whisper White – same
- Old Olive – Mint Macaron
- Shaded Spruce – Just Jade
- Daffodil Delight – Blushing Bride
- Crushed Curry – Calypso Coral
- Early Espresso – same
- Basic Black – same
- Sahara Sand – Crumb Cake
They embellished the card using the In Good Taste Elements. I finished off the card using the Elegant Faceted Gems one of my favorite embellishments this year.
Changing up just the colors on a card can give it an entirely different look. And if you change up the stamp set using the same colors it can still make such a difference, giving you so much flexibility.
Simple Stamping Steps and Measurements
- Whisper White (card base): 5 ½” x 8 ½” – scored at 4 ¼”
- Whisper White (rectangle): 3 ¼” x 4 ¼”
- Mint Macaron (leaf): 1 ½” x 2”
- Just Jade (sprigs & leaf detail): 2” x 4 ¼”
- Blushing Bride (flower): 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Calypso Coral (flower detail): 3 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Early Espresso (center): 2” x 2”
- Basic Black (center): 1” x 1”
- Crumb Cake (words):3/4” x 2 ½”
- 2020-2022 In Color Designer Paper (background): 5 ¼” x 5 ½”
- Fold the Whisper White on the score line to create card base.
- Glue the designer paper to the card front with Multipurpose Glue
- Cut out the rectangle using the die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Cut out the flower in Blushing Bride using the Sunflower Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Cut out the flower detail in Calypso Coral and glue to the flower using Multipurpose Glue.
- Cut out the larger flower center in Early Espresso and glue to the flower center.
- Cut out the Basic Black flower center and glue to the center of the Early Espresso.
- Cut out the leaves in Mint Macaron and adhere to the back of the flower about two inches apart.
- Cut out the leaf detail and springs in Shaded Spruce.
- Adhere the leaf details to the leaves and one sprig near one of the leaves and one on the opposite side.
- Adhere the sunflower to the rectangle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut of the trim from the Scallop Linen Ribbon and fray it.
- Stamp the words in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake paper and punch out with the Classic Label Punch and glue to the linen ribbon.
- Adhere the linen ribbon to the lower right-hand side of the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a bow with the Linen Thread and adhere to the left-hand side of the flower.
- I just roll a Mini Glue Dot between my fingers to make it smaller and use that to adhere linen thread bows.
- Add the Faceted Gems randomly to the card front.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E- Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store(Canadian customers)
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Leave a Reply