Patsy's Border Buddy Alison here today from Canada!
Each Thursday Patsy and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue and share it with you. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I changed up the stamp set from Seaside View to Prized Peony.
I love peonies and have over 400 blooms each year in my garden. I love the fragrance as much as the beautiful flowers. Here are some of my favorites from my own garden.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Gray Granite (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Whisper White (stamped) – 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Petal Pink (sentiment) – 2 1/2" x 3/4"
- Peony Garden Designer Series Paper – 5 1/4" x 4"; 2" x 4"
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Gray Granite cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the strip of DSP (2" x 4") to the larger piece of DSP approximately 1" from the bottom edge.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the smaller piece of DSP twice and tie in a bow to the right side.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the card front.
- Cut out the largest square from the Whisper White using the Stitched Shapes and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp the large peony in Gray Granite on the Whisper White square.
- Pop up the stamped piece to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Gray Granite ink on the Petal Pink strip.
- Glue the sentiment to the card from as shown.
The Peony Garden Designer Series Paper is so gorgeous and is perfect for a card because all it really needs is a sentiment. It's also on sale during October for 15% off the regular price!
Beauty blooms as plush peonies and sophisticated marble accents unite. This paper has images of peonies from bud to bloom, as well as all-occasion designs in subtle colors. The colors and designs are beautiful as they are, or you can infuse them with color using Stampin’ Blends. This papercrafting staple is great scrapbook paper, card making paper, and more! Ask your demonstrator about coordinating products.
* 12 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
* 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
* Acid free
* Lignin free
Paper Color Palette: Basic Gray, Gray Granite, Petal Pink, Whisper White
Check out the other Designer Series Paper offer this month.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code ZZQWYDM3