It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today's card features the Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue. But the real stars of this card are the beautiful patterned papers from the Peony Garden and Magic in this Night Designer Series Paper.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Whisper White - Cardbase - 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Peony Garden Designer Series Paper - 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Music in this Night Designer Series Paper - 2 1/2" x 5 1/4"; 2" x 5 1/4"
- Fold the Whisper White cardstock in half to create card base.
- Position the larger piece of Music in this Night on the bottom of the card front (but don't glue) and add a thin line of Multipurpose Glue to the top edge. Position the small piece of DSP on top and glue the pieces together. You are lining up the pieces to the card front but you aren't attaching them yet.
- Cut a piece of Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon and wrap it around the seam of the two pieces of DSP affixing to the back.
- Glue the pieces to the front of the card.
- Cut out the largest circle from the Peony Garden DSP using the Stitched Shapes Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp the flowers from the Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set in Gray Granite on the circle and the sentiment in Basic Gray on top.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals on the card.
- Add some rhinestones to finish the card.
The Peony Garden and Magic in This Night Designer Series Papers are both on sale during October for 15% off the regular price. The patterns in both are so pretty and, as you can see, the patterns in the Magic in This Night aren't just for Halloween.
DOWNLOAD THE SALE FLYER - Canada (Alison Solven)
- USA (Patsy Waggoner)
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST
Current Host Code Z97R74AZ