Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I changed up the stamp set from Snow Front to Press On. I also changed the colours to Coastal Cabana and Early Espresso which look fabulous together!
Stampin' Up! concept artist card on left (page 59 of the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue) and my CASE on right using Press On Stamp Set and
Love You More Than Dies.
I love "coffee" themed stamps even though I'm a tea drinker. I paired the Press On Stamp Set from the August – December 2020 Mini Catalogue with the Love You More Than Dies from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue. The dies are part of the Nothing's Better Than Bundle.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Coastal Cabana (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Coastal Cabana (layer 1) – 5 1/4" x 4"
- Whisper White (stamped) – 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Coastal Cabana (sentiment) – 2 1/4" x 1"
- Early Espresso (coffee die) – 2" x 1 1/2"
- Neutrals 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper – 5" x 2"
Simple Stamping Steps
- Fold the Coastal Cabana cardstock in half to create card base.
- Emboss the layer 1 using the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine. Glue this layer to the card front.
- Banner cut the end of the Designer Series Paper with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Cut out the largest square from the Whisper White using the Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Stamp the row of coffee cups on the square using Early Espresso ink.
- Colour the heart in the middle cup with the Dark Magenta Madness Stampin' Blend.
- Glue the square to the middle of the Designer Series Paper Banner.
- Pop up the banner to the middle of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Coastal Cabana in Early Espresso Ink.
- Cut out the words with Paper Snips (discard the word coffee). Glue the strips to the Whisper White square.
- Cut out the word Coffee from the Early Espresso Cardstock using the Love you More Than Dies. Glue to the banner as shown in picture.
- Add some Elegant Faceted Gems to finish your card.
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code KG4SYTVU