It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today's card features the Snowflake Splendor Suite from the August – December 2020 Mini Catalogue.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Whisper White - Cardbase – 11" x 4 1/4"; scored at 5 1/2"
- Whisper White – Snowflake – 2 1/4" x 2 1/4"
- Whisper White – Background paper – 3" x 3 3/4"
- Coastal Cabana – 2 1/4" x 2 1/2"
- Pool Party – 2 1/4" x 3/8" (needed it slightly longer than the sketch measurement)
Make the bubble background piece:
- Add 1 tbsp of water to a disposable cup.
- Add 10 – 12 drops of Bermuda Bay reinker to the water.
- Add a drop of liquid dishwasher soap to the cup.
- Using a straw blow into the mixture and bubbles will form and rise to the top of the cup.
- Place your Cardstock on top of the bubbles to pick up the coloured soap. Let dry completely.
- Fold the Whisper White cardstock in half to create card base.
- Emboss the front of the card and the Coastal Cabana piece using the Winter Snow Embossing Folder and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Glue the bubble background to the card front.
- Glue the embossed Coastal Cabana to the right of the bubble background piece.
- Cut out the snowflake from the Whisper White using the So Many Snowflake Dies.
- Pop up the snowflake on the embossed piece with a Mini Stampin' Dimensional.
- Stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana on the Pool Party strip.
- Pop up on the card front.
- Add a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels to finish the card.
Here's a link to a video where I share the fun bubble technique!
Starting today (November 1st) when you place an order in our online store you will receive a free PDF featuring instructions for 8 cards using the Snowflake Splendor Suite of products. Here's a sneak peak:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code KG4SYTVU