It's Alison Solven (from Canada) here today with the Just in Case Series. Every Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I changed up the stamp set from Treasures of Life to Soar Confidently, both new stamp sets in the January – June 2021. I love vintage looking cards and thought the images in the Soar Confidently would be perfect for this look.
Here is the original project (page 71 of the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue) featuring the Treasures of Life Stamp Set.
Here's my CASE using Soar Confidently (page 70 of the JJ 2021 Mini Catalogue)
The sentiment fonts in the set are fabulous – part of the saying is script and the rest is upper case block. The sentiment I choose "Soar confidently in your own Sky" is reflected in the blue ink I added behind the balloon.
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Crumb Cake (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Very Vanilla (stamped) – 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Crumb Cake (balloon) – 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Neutrals 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper – 3 3/4" x 5"
- Fold the Crumb Cake cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper at an angle on the front of the card.
- Use the brand new Blending Brushes to add colour to the Very Vanilla. Pick up some Pool Party ink with the brush and apply to the lower right corner to look like sky.
- Use the brush to pick up Crumb Cake ink and add it to the edges of the Very Vanilla.
- Stamp the sentiment in the upper left corner in Early Espresso ink.
- Use your Bone Folder and your fingers to "rough up" the edges of the Very Vanilla to give it a weathered look.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the bottom of the Very Vanilla several times and tie a bow on the left side.
- Glue the stamped piece to the front of the card as shown.
- Stamp the balloon in Soft Suede ink on the Crumb Cake piece and fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Pop up the balloon with Stampin' Dimensional so the blue sky is behind the image.
- Add a few Rhinestones to the balloon.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code PQYBXBUH