Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I (Alison Solven in Canada) take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE means Copy And Selectively Edit. The beautiful projects by the concept artists from Stampin' Up! are a great way to be inspired! When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
In my card today I changed up the stamp set from Prized Peony Bundle to Simply Succulents Bundle, a new bundle in the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue. The bundle includes the Simply Succulents Stamp Set and the Potted Succulents Dies. When purchased together you save 10%!
Stampin' Up! concept artist card on left (page 93 of the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue) using Prized Peony Bundle and my CASE on right using Simply Succulents (page 39 of the JJ 2021 Mini Catalogue)
The dies are beautiful, especially the large open image frame which can be used as an overlay or a stencil!
Stamping Paper Measurements
- Petal Pink (card base) – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Vellum Cardstock (layer 1) – 5 1/4" x 4"
- Basic White (stamped) – 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Basic Gray (sentiment) – 1 1/2" x 7/8"
- Well Suited Designer Series Paper (154562) – 4 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Fold the Petal Pink cardstock in half to create card base.
- Emboss the Vellum Cardstock with the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder (152702) and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine (149653) and glue to the card front. You can hide the glue under the areas that will be covered with other elements.
- Cut out the label from the designer series paper using the Stitched Nested Labels Dies (149638).
- Cut off the right side of the label and glue to the vellum as shown.
- Stamp the succulent image in Smoky Slate ink on the Basic White piece. Colour some of the petals with the Petal Pink Stampin' Blends (154893).
- Cut out the image with the coordinating dies and pop up with Stampin' Dimensional on the designer series paper.
- Stamp the sentiment on Basic Gray in Versamark ink, add White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Pop up at the bottom of the succulent image with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add Elegant Faceted Gems (152464) to complete the card.
Here are some additional ideas from the concept artists at Stampin' Up!
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST CODE
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code KG4SYTVU