This card is a very special card I stamped for or dearest friends, who have been blessed with a new grandbaby and also twin adopted grandbabies. They went from one grandchild to 4 in just a few months and are so excited.
I knew the moment I saw the Treasures of Live stamp set I would have to have it. It is featured in the New Jan-June 2021 Mini Catalog that goes live on Tuesday, Jan 5 you won't want to miss it. Stop by Tuesday for links to the digital online catalog.
Each Sunday Alison Solven (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Let your imagination run wild!
I colored the images with Stampin' Blends and pulled the colors from the Well Suited Designer Series Paper. The paper features Poppy Parade, the ribbon Terracotta Tile and my images Cajun Craze. You can see while they are different they blend beautifully as they are the same tone, so you don't always have to use the exact same color.
Today's Color Palette…
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Crumb Cake (base): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Misty Moonlight (mat): 4" x 5 1/4"
- Whisper White
- (stamped images) 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- (words) 2" x 3"
- Well Suited Designer Series Paper: 1 1/4" x 4"
- Fold the Crumb Cake in half to create cardbase.
- Glue the designer paper to the right-hand side of the Misty Moonlight mat.
- Glue the mat to the card front.
- Stamp the images on the Whisper White in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Color the images with Balmy Blue light & dark, Crumb Cake Light & Dark, Misty Moonlight light & dark, Cajun Craze light & dark Stampin' Blends.
- Glue the Whisper White with the stamped images to the left-hand side of the mat about 1/2" from the edges.
- Adhere the 4" Terracotta Tile Scallop Linen Ribbon between the designer paper and the stamped Whisper White with Stampin' Seal.
- Stamp the words in Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White paper and cut out using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and Tasteful Label Dies.
- Adhere the label to the lower right-hand of the cardfront with Stampin' Dimensionals.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code KG4SYTVU