It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison Solven from Canada here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today I'm featuring the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper and the Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate both from the Fine Art Floral Suite. The acetate coordinates with the printed papers and acts as an overlay. It's a gorgeous look. Here is the sketch I used for today's card.
You can create a card using the sketch exactly as it's presented or switch it up – it's meant to be a starting point for your creativity.
The acetate is so pretty layered on the coordinating Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper but you can also use it on its own.
Imagine an artist, delicately painting individual canvases in a classic impasto style. It's beautiful, isn't it? That's exactly what this paper is! A Stampin' Up! artist hand-paint canvases with beautiful florals and textures in classic Stampin' Up! colors. Then those canvases were photographed and made into this unique designer series paper. The pack includes florals, patterns, colour variance, and all the touches of professional paintings. This papercrafting staple is great scrapbook paper, card making paper, and more!
* 12 sheets of patterned paper: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
* 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
* Acid free
* Lignin free
Product colours: Bumblebee, Flirty Flamingo, Merry Merlot, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Terracotta Tile, Whisper White
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Pool Party -
Cardbase – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Poppy Parade – mat – 3 1/2" x 5"
- Fine Art Designer Series Paper -
layer 1 – 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
sentiment circle – 2" x 2"
- Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate – overlay – 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
- Fold the Pool Party cardstock in half to create card base.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the Poppy Park mat.
- Place some glue dots to the acetate overlay so that they will be hidden under the sentiment.
- Wrap Fine Art Ribbon around the pieces and tie in a loose knot towards the left side.
- Pop up the piece with Stampin' Dimensionals to the card front.
- Cut out the circle from Designer Series Paper using the Stitched Shapes Dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Ink the sentiment from Massive Thanks Stamp Set in Versamark ink and stamp on the circle, apply Gold Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals to the right of the ribbon.
In February when you place an order in our online store you will receive a free PDF featuring instructions for 8 cards using the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick Bundles. Here's a sneak peak:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E-Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Leave a Reply