Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog to inspire you!
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both.
Today I used the same colors but changed out the stamp sets. The concept artist used the Floating & Fluttering stamp set and Fluttering Dies. I used the Butterfly Gala stamp set for the butterflies, the Always in My Heart for the leaves and the Forever Blooms for the sentiment.
- Mango Melody (base): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Basic White (mat): 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
- Basic White (layer): 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Basic White (butterflies): 2" x 6 1/2"
- Basic White (leaves): 1 1/2" x 3"
- Petal Pink (sentiment): 3/8" x 3 3/4"
- Fold the Mango Melody in half at the score mark to create card base.
- Stamp three butterflies in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Color the Butterflies (I used Stampin Blends, Shaded Spruce, Pretty Peacock, Cajun Craze, Mango Melody, and Pumpkin Pie,
- Punch out with the Butterfly Duet punch and adhere to the Basic White (layer) with Stampin' Dimensionals as shown hanging over.
- Stamp the leaves and color (I used Stampin Blends, Shaded Spruce, Pretty Peacock)
- Cut out the leaves with the coordinating dies and adhere to the layer with Stampin" Dimensionals hanging over as needed.
- Trim the overhanging butterflies and leaves.
- Adhere the layer to the Basic White (mat) and adhere the mat to the center of the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment in Terracotta Tile Classic Ink on the Blushing Bride strip and banner cut the ends.
- Adhere to the card front about 2" from the bottom.
- Tie a bow using the 2020-2022 In Color 1/4" Ribbon and adhere with Mini Glue dot just below the banner.
- Add some Black Matt Dots randomly to the card front.
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code ZZQWYDM3