Each Thursday my Border Buddy Alison Solven from Canada and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalog. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). We like to show you how you can use the paper crafting projects in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog to inspire you!
Hydrangeas are one of my favorite flowers. Did you know the acidity of the soil determines what color they are? In MN we mostly have white ones. I planted on last summer and crossing my fingers it survived the winter and will bloom again this summer.
The Hydrangea Hill designer series paper is beautiful and should not be overlooked in the catalog. Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather are not my typically go to color but paired with the Rococo Rose and Seaside Spray I haven’t been able to stop using it. You will see lots of this color combination in weeks to come.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I kept the layout but changed up the color and stamp set, giving it an entirely new look. The concept artist used elements from the Dandy Garden Suite and I choose items from the Hydrangea Hill Suite.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Basic White Thick (base): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White Thick (flower): 3” x 4 ¼”
- Seaside Spray (rectangle): 3 ¼” x 4 ½”
- Old Olive (leaves): 2 ½” x 3”
- Highland Heather (tag): ¾” x 2”
- Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper (background): 4 ¼” x 5 ½”
- Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper (strip): 3/8” x 2 3/8”
- Fold the Basic White paper at the score mark to create card base.
- Adhere the designer paper to the card front (I use Stampin’ Seal).
- Cut out the Seaside Spray using the Stitched Rectangle Die and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Stamp the Hydrangea in Whisper White Craft Ink multiple times on the rectangle.
- Adhere the rectangle to the center of the card front.
- Cut out the leaves from the Hydrangea Dies in Old Olive paper.
- Stamp the Hydrangea in Night of Navy Ink onto Basic White paper.
- Stamp the solid flower in Highland Heather ink (of stamping once).
- Cut out the Hydrangea with the coordinating die.
- Adhere the Old Olive leaves to the back of the Hydrangea and adhere the Hydrangea to the cardfront with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Night of Navy Ink on a piece of Highland Heather paper and cut out with the tag die from the Hydrangea Dies.
- Adhere the tag to the strip of designer series paper with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Adhere the strip to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals as shown.
- Stamp a greeting inside in Night of Navy Ink.
All supplies used in today’s card as Stampin’ Up!
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code KG4SYTVU