Today's Technique How To from the past is the Penny Spinner Card. This fun card with movement will bring a smile to the recipients face. Another easy technique that looks like you really fussed.
I have promised this card to my youngest granddaughter Fallon (4) when I am done sharing it here on my blog. She was so excited as I showered her how the butterfly spun across the card.
Many of you know our daughter and her husband and 4 children are staying with us until their new home is finished. I am hoping once they move into their new home and our house is back to "normal I can get back to doing a few newer videos. But until then I will share the oldies but goodies with you.
Click here for the original post and a link to a Free PDF Tutorial of the Spinner Card.
Here are the layers I used for my spinner card.
- Mini Glue Dots
- Stampin' Dimensional
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Mossy Meadow (base): 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
- Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper: 4" x 5 1/4"
- Basic White (sentiment): 1 7/8" x 5 1/8"
- So Saffron (embossed): 2" x 5 1/4"
- Poppy Parade (butterfly): 2" x 2"
- Blackberry Bliss (circle): 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Fold the Mossy Meadow cardstock at the score mark to create cardbase.
- Adhere the designer paper to the cardfront.
- Emboss the So Saffron paper with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Punch the center of the So Saffron using the Classic Label Punch.
- Lay the So Saffron over the Basic White so you can see where to stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Place some of the Foam Adhesive Strips on the very edge of the So Saffron and adhere to the Basic White.
- Punch out the Butterfly using the Butterfly Duet Punch in Poppy Parade Paper then emboss it with the Painted Texture 3D Folder.
- Cut out the Blackberry Bliss paper using the small scalloped circle from the Tasteful Touches Dies.
- Layer as described.
- Then tuck the bottom penny through the slit below the So Saffron.
- Then simply slant the card back and forth to make it spin.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store(Canadian customers)
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Barb Youngs says
Thank you, Patsy, for reminding me of a technique that I have not used in quite a while. I love to make the spinner cards. They are so much fun to make and to receive. You are the best.
Patsy Waggoner says
Typepad HTML Email
They are so much fun glad I could inspire you! Thank you again for stopping by and always appreciate your notes. Patsy