Each Thursday my Border Buddy Patsy Waggoner from the US and I take turns creating a card that we CASED from a current Stampin’ Up! catalogue. CASE stands for (Copy And Selectively Edit). I find lots of inspiration in our publications and it's a great way to get your mojo jump started!
Today's card is almost and exact case from page 33 of the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. It features the A Good Man Stamp Set which is perfect for colouring and for any occasion for the men in your life. It also uses a retiring set of dies called Friendly Silhouettes which coordinates with the Friend Like You Stamp Set which is also retiring. These dies were featured on the Last Chance list at 40% off and have all sold out. Check out the Last Chance Items and hurry they are only while supplies last.
The Cinnamon Cider circle is cut out with the amazing Stitched Shape Dies which are also retiring (wah) – I use them on literally every project! They include 4 circles, 4 squares and 4 ovals. Don't miss out and order them before they sell out!
The color palette for today's card uses warm colours that work beautifully together.
When you CASE, you can copy it exactly, or selectively edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Today I copied the card very closely to the sample in the catalogue with very few tweaks.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Crumb Cake (base): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (frame): 5" x 3 3/4"; 2 pieces 1" x 3 3/4"
- Basic White (circle): 3 1/4" x 3 1/4"
- Cinnamon Cider (circle): 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Old Olive (grass): 5" x 3"
- Early Espresso (grass): 5" x 3"
- Bermuda Bay (words):
- Fold the Crumb Cake paper at the score mark to create card base.
- Stamp the image in Tuxedo Black ink on the Basic White and colour with Stampin' Blends – Cinnamon Cider, Night of Navy, Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Ivory.
- Cut out the image with the 2 5/8" circle from the Layering Circles Dies using the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Cut out the largest circle from the Cinnamon Cider piece using the Stitched Shapes Dies and glue the Basic White circle on top.
- Glue one strip of the designer series paper to the top of the 5" x 3 3/4" designer series paper.
- Pop up the stamped circles below the strip with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut out the grass image twice – once from the Old Olive and once from the Early Espresso.
- Cut out the bulrushes from the Early Espresso and glue to the tops of the grass.
- Glue one of the strips of designer series paper to the bottom of the grass and glue both to the bottom piece of 5" x 3 3/4" designer series paper.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the bottom twice and tie in a bow on the left side.
- Glue all the pieces to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink on the Bermuda Bay cardstock and cut out with Classic Label punch.
- Pop up with Stampin' Dimensionals on the Linen Thread.All supplies used in today’s card as Stampin’ Up!
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E- Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials and rewards with our Customer Rewards.
- Patsy’s Customer Reward Program (US Customers)
- Alison’s Customer Reward Program (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy's Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store(Canadian customers)
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z/span>
Leave a Reply