The past few months I have been sharing some techniques from my original series Technique How To! Today's featured technique is Reverse Spotlighting and was featured in week 27. This is a fun and easy wow card that can be made for any season or reason.
I chose the Butterfly Brilliance Stamp Set and Brilliant Winds Dies to create this card. The colors are a bit unique from what I usually do. Every now and then I visit a site called My Create Ink which has a great tool for color combinations. You just pop in a color or two you want to use and it will generate a color palette. Sometimes it is good to get out of our comfort zone.
- The butterflies are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Pale Papaya and the circles are cut out using the Layering Circle Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Then I stamped the butterflies on Soft Succulent cardstock and cut them out with the coordinating Brilliant Wings Dies.
- I then lined them up and glue them to the back side of the Pale Papaya butterflies.
- Then glued the Pale Papaya onto some Calypso Coral Cardstock and then glued the mat to the Fresh Freesia cardfront.
- And of course the card wouldn't be complete with out a few Artistry Blooms Sequins.
The sentiment from Many Messages Stamp Set was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out using the Messages Dies. This stamp set has 19+ stamps in it and the die cuts out over 19 shapes, be sure and check it out.
Stampin' Up! Color Palette
Here is my original video showing how to do the Reverse Spotlight Technique.
I hope you are enjoying the monthly highlights of my Technique How To Series.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Would Love to have you shop with us!
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
Current Host Code MZCVSG39