Intricate Leaves Dies by Stampin’ Up! were used to create today’s hand stamped CASE card. In the past I CASEd card from a current catalog. Today I choose to case a card shared a few years back on my blog using the Vintage Leaves Stamp Set.
The card on the left I created and posted 4 years ago. I used the Leaflets Framelets Dies to make the card and a paper piecing technique. I updated the look of the card using the new Intricate Leaves Dies featured in the July-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog. You can read more about the card on the left vising my older blog post.
custom designer paper
The colored strips on the leaves I did using the paper piecing technique. I started with a piece of cardstock 2” x 3” and glue ½” strips of Harvest Meadow Designer Series Paper alternating colors. I used strips I had in my scrap pile, so they over hung the cardstock, so I simply trimmed them off. Then I ran the paper through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the leaf die from the Intricate Leaves Dies by Stampin’ Up!
intricate leaves dies
When we see stamp sets or dies with leaves we automatically think fall. By changing up the colors you can create card for any season.
I choose Granny Apple Green, Bermuda Bay and Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends to color some strips of the Pattern Party Host Designer Series Paper to create a card for more like spring or summer. For the embossed background on the card I choose Gray Granite. Finishing off the card with some Gold Simply Elegant Trim and Blue Adhesive Backed Gems.
sTAMPING MEASUREMENTS & DIRECTIONS
- Very Vanilla (base): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Very Vanilla (leaves): 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Very Vanilla (for strips): 2″ x 3″
- Bumblebee (mat): 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Crumb Cake (embossed): 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Calypso Coral (word): 1 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Harvest Meadow (strips): 6 @ 1/2″ x 2″
- Fold the Very Vanilla on the score mark to create the card base.
- Emboss the Crumb Cake Cardstock with the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the Crumb Cake to the Bumblebee Mat and glue the mat to the card front.
- Wrap the Gold Elegant Trim in a circle and adhere to the center of the cardfront.
- Cut out the leaves with the Intricate Leaves Dies us the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Place and adhere the leaves to the center of the card front the narrow solid leaf tipping right and the maple tipping left.
- Glue the strips of designer paper to the Very Vanilla and cut it out with the small maple leaf die.
- Cut out the Thanksgiving using the Word Wishes Die and glue to the bottom of the small maple leaf.
- Add three Brushed Metallic Adhesive Dots randomly to the card front.
Current Host Code AWAXQTZU