Season’s Blessings Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!® is the perfect set for creating fall and Christmas cards and projects. Each Sunday I share a card I made using a card sketch. Sketches can help to get your creativity fired up. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
card sketch and card
You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can also turn the sketch so if it is a vertical sketch you might want to turn it to be horizontal. Or in this sketch where there are squares you could use circles. Let your imagination run wild! You can see by the image that I created my card exactly like the sketch today.
The rich color of the Cinnamon Cider card base really complimented my customized designer paper. As I searched my collections of current patterned papers I came across the oak leaves from the Patterned Party host paper that matched the stamps perfectly.
The black and white Pattern Party Paper wasn’t the color scheme I wanted so I colored the paper with Stampin’ Blends. To create some nice fall paper, I chose to color the leaves with the Light Cherry Cobbler and Cajun Craze. Stampin’ Blends are great for creating depth and dimension of your stamped image, to achieve this simply start by coloring part of the leaf with the darker color and finish with the lighter.
Card created using the
Season’s Blessings Stamp Set by Stampin’ Up!®
simple stamping steps and measurements
- Cinnamon Cider (base): 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Very Vanilla (squares): 1 1/4″ x 1 1/4″
- Very Vanilla (leaves): 1 1/2″ x 3″
- Pattern Party Host Designer Series Paper 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Fold the Cinnamon Cider cardstock in half at the score line to create card base.
- Color the leaves on the designer paper with Light Cherry Cobbler and Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends
- Adhere the designer paper to the center of the card front with Stampin’ Seal.
- Tie the Gold 1/4″ Shimmer Ribbon around the cardfront and tie in a bow towards the left-hand side of the card.
- Stamp on of the medium leaves in Cinnamon Cider Classic Ink on one of the squares.
- Stamp the words in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on one of the squares.
- Adhere the 4 Very Vanilla Squares to the cardfront as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the large leaf in Cajun Craze Classic Ink on Very Vanilla, the medium leaf in Cinnamon Cider and the small leaf in Cherry Cobbler.
- Cut the leaves out with the coordinating Seasonal Basket Dies using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the Cherry Cobbler leaf to the square with the Cinnamon Cider leaf with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Adhere the other leaves one to each of the remaining empty squares.
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code U6J2FMQD