Sailing Home Stamp Set is the focus of today’s Sunday Sketch SS038 Card. Each Sunday I pick one of my card sketches to create a hand stamped card.
Sketches can be a great way to get your stamping mojo going. You can create your card exactly like the sketch or change it up a bit. Here I replaced the oval with the lighthouse and added an extra layer.
The patterned papers are from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. This paper can be used to create either feminine or masculine cards. Each sheet has photographic images of wood, tile, stone, and other elements giving you the ability to add great visual textures and interest to your cards.
simple stamping steps and measurements
- Basic White (cardbase): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Basic White (anchor): 1 1/2″ x 2″
- Grey Granite: 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Misty Moonlight (words): 1/4″ x 2 5/8″
- Designer Series Paper (background): 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Designer Series Paper (splatter): 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Score the Basic White base at 4 1/4″ and fold in half to create card base.
- Glue the designer series paper (background) to the card front.
- Adhere the designer series paper (splatter) to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals about 1/2″ from top and left hand side.
- Stamp the lighthouse in Misty Moonlight Ink and cut out with the coordinating die.
- Adhere the lighthouse to the splatter paper with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Versa Mark Ink and pour White Embossing Powder over the top and heat set.
- Cut the strip between the “are” and “my”.
- Adhere the “You Are” with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the left of the light house barely tucking in the end.
- Adhere the “My True North” with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the right of the light house barely tucking in the end.
- Stamp the anchor in Misty Moonlight Ink and cut out with coordinating die.
- Adhere the anchor to the cardfront with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie a piece of Linen Thread in a bow and glue to the top of the anchor.
Sailing Home Stamp Set
Stamp Set also has coordinating Smooth Sailing Die Set
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Lives on our Facebook Group!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code 67S27F6C