Today we are mixing our Sunday Sketch SS078 with the Baby Wipes Stamping Technique. This is a quick and easy way to add some interesting colors to your stamped image.
It is a pretty easy stamping technique.
- First lay 2-3 layers of baby whips on a flat water proof surface. I use our standard stamp cases (119105). These cases come in handy for so many things and can be purchased at my online store. I also store my Simply Shammy in one and Watercolor Pencils in another.
- Then without inking your stamp, stamp the baby wipe to make an impression.
- Then simply add drops of re-inker to the impression on the baby wipes in the pattern you wish.
- For the silhouette stamp you want to gently stamp the image onto the baby wipe and then stamp it on your paper.
For a good laugh and to see it demonstrated you can watch a very old video of mine CLICK HERE.
Card Sketches help to get me started when stamping a card. You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout as I did here or change it up a bit. Let your imagination run wild!
I tried to capture the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper in my baby wipe inkpad. I do love how it turned out! The designer paper along with the Misty Moonlight products will be retiring soon and are only available whiles supplies last.
Baby Wipes Stamping Technique CARD
SIMPLE STAMPING STEPS AND MEASUREMENTS
- Gray Granite (cardbase): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Misty Moonlight (mat): 2 5/8″ x 5″
- Basic White (stamped): 2 3/8″ x 4 3/4″
- (tag): 1 1/4″ x 1″
- Fold the Gray Granite paper in half at the score mark to create the card base.
- Glue the designer paper to the card front about 1/8″ from the left-hand edge.
- Create your baby wipe ink pad as described above and stamp the tree.
- Adhere the Basic White stamped image to the Misty Moonlight* mat.
- Tie the Gold Shimmer Ribbon around the card.
- Stamp the words from the Hydrangea Haven stamp set in Misty Moonlight Ink*.
- Cut out with the tiny tag die from the Hydrangea Dies.
- Tie the tag to the ribbon with Linen Thread
*The Misty Moonlight In Color Products retire May 2, 2022 and are only available while supplies last so don’t delay!Product List
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Live on Sundays and often uses one of our Sunday Sketches.
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
Current Host Code AWAXQTZU