Thinking of you card is a great card to have on hand. The sentiment can cover so many occasions. It could be sent to a sick friend, someone going through a tough time of for no reason at all.
CASE stands for Copy and Selective Edit. You can copy it exactly or edit it by changing the colors or the stamp set or both. Here I used all the same colors just changed up a few things. You can find all kinds of inspiration in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog like I did here. My goal is to show you how samples from the catalog can inspire you.
The Stampin’ Up! Card used the Dahlia Days and the Happy & Heartfelt Cling Stamp Set. Since I did not have that particular set I used the Flowering Tulip Stamp Set and the Tulips Dies. I am sure I have the gold cording somewhere in my stamp room but wasn’t able to find it so replaced it with the Gold Shimmer Ribbon.
Thinking of You Card
simple stamping steps and measurements
- Orchid Oasis (cardbase): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- (diecut): 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2
- Basic White (stamped): 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
- Blushing Bride (strip): 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Soft Succulent (words): 1 3/4″ x 3″
- Vellum Cardstock (overlay): 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
- Fold the Orchid Oasis cardstock in half on the score mark to create card base.
- Cut out the strip of Orchid Oasis using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine and the long tulip die and glue to the right edge of the cardfront.
- Two – Stamp the tulips randomly on the Basic White Cardstock in Blushing Bride.
- Stamp the x in Soft Succulent Classic Ink randomly between the stamped tulips.
- Adhere the Vellum overlay over the Basic White. I find that the Stampin’ Seal is great for this as it doesn’t show through the vellum.
- Rub the Embossing Buddy across the Soft Succulent paper and stamp the words in Versamark Ink.
- Pour the White Embossing Powder over the words, tap of the excess and heat set till glossy.
- Punch out the words using the Postage Stamp Punch.
- Glue the Just Jade to the Blushing Bride Strip.
- Loop the ribbon back and forth and adhere to the back of the words and adhere to the cardfront with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add three Brushed Metallic Dots on above the words to the left and two below to the right.
Be sure and pop over to Alison’s blog and see what she has been stamping!
I hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Sign Up for our E-Newsletters!
- Patsy’s E- Newsletter (US Customers)
- Alison’s E-Newsletter (Canadian Customers)
Would Love to have you shop with us!
- Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
- Alison’s Online Store(Canadian customers)
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code J92723XE
Barbara Youngs says
Beautiful card! I am definitely going to have to case this card! I can think of two people off the top of my head that would love this.
Thank you for sharing your time, talents and inspiration with us.