Creating with Sweet Sorbet and the Color & Contour Stamp Set for today’s Sunday Sketch Card. Each Sunday I pick on of my sketches to design a card with. I really love how this card turned out.
The Sweet Sorbet is part of the 2022-2024 Stampin’ Up! In Colors. The In Colors provide us with some new variety and also allows us to stay on trend. I LOVE this years bright new In Colors.
Creating hand stamped cards can be made easier using a card sketch or sometimes called templates.
Steps for easy card making
- Start by choosing your card sketch (click here to visit my card sketch gallery).
- Then pick out the stamp set you wish to use.
- Next choose your color scheme.
- Cut out the paper as shown on the sketch.
- Start stamping and putting your card together.
Creating with Sweet Sorbet Card
simple stamping steps and measurements
- Sweet Sorbet (cardbase): 5 ½” x 8 ½”
- (scallop rec): 2 ¾” x 4 ¼”
- (circle): 2” x 2”
- (Flowers): 3 @ 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- 2022–2024 In Color Designer Series Paper: 2 ½” x 5”
- Score the Sweet Sorbet Cardstock at 4 ¼” using the Paper Trimmer and fold on the score mark to create your cardbase.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the left-hand side of the card front about ¼” from the edges.
- Die cut the scallop rectangle using the Scallop Contour Dies and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the rectangle to the lower right-hand corner of the card front about ½” from the edges using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the words in Tuxedo Black and die cut with the 1 ¾” circle from the Stylish Shapes Dies.
- Adhere the circle to the top of the rectangle overhanging a portion.
- Stamp the outline flower from the Color & Contour Stamp Set on the three pieces.
- Stamp the solid flower image on top of the outline flowers in Sweet Sorbet Ink.
- Die cut out the flowers using the coordinating die from Scallop Contour Dies.
- Glue one flower to the lower right-hand corner of the rectangle.
- Adhere the other two flowers as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Tie the Black & White Gingham Ribbon in a bow and glue between the two lower flowers.
- Add a couple of the Matte Black Dots above the flower.
- Stamp a greeting inside in Tuxedo Black.
TODAY’S SUPPLY LIST
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Live on Sundays!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code KG4SYTVU