Adventurous Journey Stamp Set will take you on a magical kayaking experience. Have you ever kayaked? Some kayakers like the adventure of waves or rapids and excitement. I prefer a peaceful paddle across the lake when the weather is hot and the lake is calm.
When I saw the Adventurous Journey Stamp Set in the Stampin’ Up! Catalog I knew I just had to have it. Kayaking is something our entire family including young grandchildren love to do.
Tom and I have lake Kayak’s that are 12 feet long making them track better across a large body of water. We live in Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes, there are over 350 in the county we live in. If you fly over head it looks like it’s all water. Many of the lakes are connected and you travel over the spill ways via bridges like the one in the background. Some of the bridges are large enough for big boats and pontoons to go between the lakes. This particular chain is for small boats making it a nice quiet paddle.
adventurours Jouney Stamp Set Ss041
Each Sunday I create a card using one of my card sketches and share it with you. For today’s card I used Sunday Sketch SS041. You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. Here I turned the sketch from portrait to landscape for a totally different look. Let your imagination run wild!
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurments
- Poppy Parade (cardbase): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Parakeet Party (embossed): 1” x 3 ¾”
- Basic Black (mat): 3” x 4 ¼”
- Balmy Blue (water): 2 ¾” x 4”
- Basic White (kayak): 2 ¾” x 4”
- (words): 1” x 2”
- (inside): 4” x 5 ¼”
- Celebrate Everything Host Designer Series Paper (background): 3 ½” x 4 ¾”
card step by step directions
- Place the Poppy Parade Cardstock (landscape) in the Paper Trimmer and score at 4 ¼” and fold on the score mark to create your cardbase.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the center of the card front.
- Run the Parakeet Party Cardstock through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine using the Timber 3D Embossing Folder.
- Glut the embossed strip vertically to the cardfront about 1” from the left-hand edge.
- Stamp the swirl in Balmy Blue Ink; one on the lower edge of the Balmy Blue Cardstock about ½” from the left-hand side and the other on the upper edge about 1” from the right-hand side.
- Stamp the Kayak in Tuxedo Black Ink on the Basic White Cardstock.
- Color the Kayak with the Parakeet Party Dark Stampin’ Blend.
- Color the Kayaker’s shirt with the Poppy Parade Dark Stampin’ Blend.
- Color the Kayaker’s hat with the Crumb Cake Light Stampin’ Blend and the top edge of the hat with the dark to give it some shading.
- Color the paddle with the Dark Soft Suede Stampin’ Blend.
- Color the arms of the Kayaker with the Ivory Stampin’ Blend
- Cut out the Kayak and adhere to the center of the Balmy Blue with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp Happy and Birthday in Tuxedo Black on the Basic White and cut each out and glue to the lower right-hand corner.
- Add two Black Matte Dots to the upper left-hand corner.
- Glue the Basic White Cardstock to the inside of the card and stamp a greeting in Tuxedo Black Ink.
Would love to have you share what you love to do when you area not stamping!
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Live on Sundays!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)