Who wouldn’t want The Happiest of Birthdays? You can make that happen when you stamp and send a hand stamped birthday card!
I grew up on a small lake in central Minnesota and live right next door to where I grew up. Growing up on the water always had a calming effect for me. This little boat on the card is much like the boat I grew up with until my teenage years. That is when my father came home with a speed boat and the little oar boat was forgotten. As I stamp this card I can’t tell you the wonderful memories it evoked in me. This will be the perfect card for my brother and hopefully it will bring back memories for him too.
Today’s card was inspired by this week’s Sunday Sketch. You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can see I placed the boat where the oval was and instead of the strip behind the oval I used the words on top. A card sketch helps to get your stamping MOJO going, it doesn’t have to be exact. Let your imagination run wild!
Adventure Awaits Stamp set features this fun little boat along with a kayak. The words comes from the Charming Sentiment Stamp Set. The coordinating Sentiment Silhouette dies are designed to cut around the words as shown. There are 17 sentiments in for many occasions and coordinating dies to go with them in the bundle.
The Happiest of Birthdays
- Early Espresso (cardbase): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Crumb Cake (embossed): 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Basic White (boat): 2 x 3 1/2″
- (oars): 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- (words): 1″ x 3 1/2″
- (inside): 4″ x 5 1/4″
- He’s the Man Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″
CARD STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
- Fold the Early Espresso Cardstock on the Score mark for your cardbase.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the cardfront.
- Emboss the Crumb Cake Cardstock using the Timber 3D Embossing Folder and the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Adhere the embossed piece to the cardfront about 1/2″ from the left-hand edge.
- Stamp the boat in Early Espresso Ink on Basic White Cardstock and color with the Soft Suede Stampin’ Blends Combo and fussy cut it out.
- Glue the boat to the center of the Crumb Cake paper.
- In Early Espresso Ink stamp the oars and fussy cut them out.
- Adhere the oars to the left-hand edge of the boat with a Mini Glue Dot criss crossing them.
- Tie the Linen Thread in a bow and glue to the center of the oars.
- Stamp the words in Early Espresso Ink and cut out with the coordinating Sentiment Silhouette Die and glue the words to the right of the oars.
- Attach the Basic White to the inside of the card and stamp a sentiment of your choice in Early Espresso.
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Lives on our Facebook Group!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code 3U7M9W4Z
Kris Markham says
Patsy, that is a awesome birthday card for a guy. Thanks for the info.
Patsy Waggoner says
You are so Welcome Kris thanks for the note!