For today’s Sunday Sketch I am sharing the Peaceful Deer Christmas Card. Sketches always help get my creative mojo going. What gets your mojo going?
Today’s Sunday Sketch is a very basic sketch. I followed the basic layout but didn’t use the measurements of the sketch. I wanted to try out my new Stitched With Whimsey Dies, aren’t they fun. A cut wavy stitching on the edges.
It is hard to tell from the picture, but I used the White Glimmer paper behind the trees. This paper is featured the July-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog. The Real Red & White Glimmer paper contains 4 sheets of each color. It is a thin sheet that makes them so easy to die cut if you choose.
Peaceful Deer Christmas Card
- Parakeet Party (cardbase): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic White (rectangle): 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- (pine trees): 2″ x 3 1/2″
- White Glimmer Paper: 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Real Red (words): 1/2″ x 2 3/4″
- Celebrate Everything Host Designer Series Paper: 4″ x 5 1/4″
card step by step directions
- Fold the Parakeet Party paper in half to create cardbase.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper to the card front.
- Run the Basic White paper through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Stitched with Whimsy Dies.
- Die cut the circle using the Stylish Shape Dies.
- Tie the ribbon around the bottom of the rectangle with the bow to the left hand side.
- Stamp the trees in Granny Apple Green Classic Ink on Basic White paper and cut out using the paper snips.
- Glue the trees in a row at the center & bottom edge of the Glimmer paper.
- With Stampin’ Dimensionals adhere the rectangle to the Paper with the trees showing through the circle.
- Adhere the rectangle to the card front.
- Stamp the words with Versamark Ink, pour the White Embossing Powder over the words, tap off the excess and heat until glossy white.
- With Stampin’ Dimensionals add the words just below the circle.
card suppplies all stampin’ up!
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Live on Sundays!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code KG4SYTVU