Today’s Sunday Sketch features the Framed Florets Bundle. Yesterday I was telling you just how wonderful this collection is to stamp with. So I thought why stop with our Border Buddy card.
Each Sunday I create a card using one of my card sketches and share it with you. You can create a card exactly using the sketch layout or change it up a bit. You can see by the sketch and card it is an exact match. There are no “rules” for using a sketch it is only to get your mojo going.
The Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper that was designed to go with the bundle is not your only option. I am sure you have some beautiful floral designer paper that would go beautifully with the set. For my card today I used the Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper and think it turned out well.
My favorite coloring option is Stampin’ Blends they are so easy to work with. Stampin’ Blends are alcohol markers that help you create highlights and shadows for easy coloring. They are sold in combo packs of two high-quality alcohol markers. And have a dark shade and a light shade. Each blend is dual tipped with a brush tip and fine tip. If you haven’t tried them you will want to give them a try.
The Fitting Florets Bundle Card
- Basic White Thick (cardbase): 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- (flowers): 2 ¼” x 2 ¾” Basic White Thick (words): ¾” x 2”
- Night of Navy (mat): 2 7/8” x 2 7/8”
- Old Olive (leaves): 1 ½” x 2”
- Gold Foil (leaf): 1” x 1 ½”
- Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper (floral): 4” x 4”
- (Pool Party): 3 ¼” x 3 ¼”
- Score the Basic White Cardstock at 4 ¼” and fold in half to create card base.
- Glue the Designer Series Paper (floral) to the left-hand edge of the cardfront about 1/8” from the edges.
- Cut out the Designer Series Paper (Pool Party) with the largest stitched square from the Stylish Shapes Dies using the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Glue the stitched square to the Night of Navy mat and adhere the mat to the right-hand side of the cardfront about 3/8” from the right-hand edge with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut the leaves (from the Framed Florets Dies) using Old Olive Cardstock.
- Glue the leaves to the upper left-hand corner of the stitched square.
- Die cut the leaf (from the Framed Florets Dies) using Gold Foil Paper and glue on top of the Old Olive leaves.
- Stamp the flowers with Smoky Slate Ink on Basic White Thick Cardstock.
- Color the leaves using the Old Olive Stampin’ Blends, the flower with So Saffron and Daffodil Delight and the berries with the dark Sweet Sorbet.
- Die cut the flowers and adhere to the bottom of the stitched rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the word in Night of Navy Ink and die cut with the banner die from the Stylish Shapes Dies and glue to the right-hand side of the flowers overhanging the square.
- Adhere two of the Parakeet Matte Decorative Dots to the upper right-hand corner of the cardfront.
I hope you found some inspiration here today.
Alison is great at doing a Facebook Lives on our Facebook Group!
Hop over to our Border Buddy Hangout Facebook Group and check it out.
Not a member? Ask to join!
Would Love to have you shop with us!
• Patsy’s Online Store (US customers)
• Alison’s Online Store (Canadian customers)
Thanks for visiting my blog today! Happy Stamping!
Current Host Code 67S27F6C