It is Sunday Sketch time, Alison Solven from Canada here today.
Each Sunday Patsy Waggoner from the US (my border buddy) and I take turns creating a card using one of our card sketches. Sketches can help get your creative juices flowing. I find that when I'm stuck and seem to have lost my stampin' mojo a sketch can give me the spark I need. They are open to interpretation, no real right or wrong way.
Today I'm featuring TWO adorable stamp sets – one is brand new from the January – June 2021 Mini Catalogue called Hey Birthday Chick. Do the little chickens look familiar? If so it's because they were first introduced to us in the 2017 Sale-a-bration catalogue with a set called Hey Chick. Both stamp sets along with coordinating dies will be available starting February 1st!
Hey Birthday Chick Bundle (158631)
Hey Chick Bundle (158627)
You can create a card using the sketch exactly as it's presented or switch it up – it's meant to be a starting point for your creativity.
All Stampin’ Up!® products were used to create today's card.
Simple Stamping Steps & Measurements
- Gray Granite - Cardbase – 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; scored at 4 1/4"
- Gray Granite – circle – 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- Cajun Craze – mat – 3 1/2" x 5"
- Cajun Craze – sentiment – 2 1/4" x 1/2"
- Basic White – chicken – 3" x 2 1/2"
- Basic White – stamped layer – 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
- Silver Foil – 3 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Fold the Gray Granite cardstock in half to create card base.
- Ink the All Wired Up Stamp (149262) in Gray Granite Ink and stamp on the Basic White layer. Glue the stamped piece to the Cajun Craze mat.
- Glue both layers to the middle of the card front.
- Cut out the chicken wire from the Silver Foil using the dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Tape the chicken wire to the front of the card so the tape will be hidden under the circle.
- Cut the 2" circle from Gray Granite using the Stitched Shapes dies and Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Ink the sentiment in Versamark, apply White Emboss Powder and heat set.
- Glue the sentiment to the middle of the circle.
- Stamp the chicken image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and colour with Stampin' Blends (Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green).
- Cut out the chicken with the Chick Dies and the Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine. Glue the chicken to the circle to the left of the sentiment.
- Pop up the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals in the middle of the chicken wire.
In January when you place an order in our online store you will receive a free PDF featuring instructions for 8 cards using the Love You Always Suite. Here's a sneak peak:
We hope you found some inspiration here today. Want More?
Earn FREE PDF Tutorials plus bonus rewards with our customer rewards program.
- Alison's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(Canadian customers)
- Patsy's Free PDF Tutorial & Customer Rewards(US customers)
We would love to have you shop with us!
If you are reading this via an email, Click Here for the current HOST
Earn Bonus Rewards use the
April - May 2022 Current Host Code PQYBXBUH